Upcycling with whatever ends up in his studio, Kristian Glynn (b. 1978 Kempsey, NSW Australia) makes art pieces that mostly deal with his daily life and innermost feelings. Combining the seductive portraiture style of Schiele, the biomorphic terror of Bacon, and his own penchant for poetry and heartache, Glynn creates one-off storyboards that speak volumes. Glynn wears his heart on his sleeve, and allows narrative to inform each work—“In my chest I was a child”; “Show off all your dead flowers”; “Today I beg you away”—as much as form and compositional style. If Kafka had been a romantic, his drawings may have resembled these.
Past Exhibitions at Gitler &_____
- The 4 Sons - April 2016 (Group Exhibition)
- And Again Another Crippling Love Story: Part 2 - June 2015 (Solo Exhibition)
- And Again Another Crippling Love Story - December 2014 (Solo Exhibition)
- The Halloween Show - October 2014 (Group Exhibition)
- 100% Inside Myself All The Time [Pop Up] - November 2012 (Solo Exhibition)